Well there is something about this place.
If I could do it over, I would. A divine home away from home. The elegant small luxury hotel with hospitality that was one for a trip. A sanctuary called a hotel, located in Sandton, Athol, 90 Pretoria avenue sits the beautiful building called the Atholplace Hotel Restaurant and Villa
On your first encounter you will be assisted by the lovely staff members. We were so lucky to welcomed by Beverley on our first visit which was amazing, very bubbly and enthusiastic person. She really went beyond her ways to assist us on our stay and with a smile.
With big spacious rooms and outdoor activities to enjoy from,
Going price for a deluxe suite is a reasonable R6,200 per night. Available beds in either king size that can convert to singles for people sharing a room and a double for one visiting alone. There are nine suites, designed different and to best suit someone’s taste and comfort. Five superior suites and four deluxe suites.
Hotel offers facilities like the: 24 hour security, child friendly, all ages are welcome, complimentary high speed WIFI, dining room, electronic safe, fireplace, fly air conditioned, king size bedrooms, library bar, lounge facilities, mini bar, outdoor dining, room service, secure parking for vehicles, temperature regulate swimming pool, fitness centre.
Nearest accessible landmarks: Nelson Mandela square, Sandton City, Wanderers Golf club, Sandton Convention Centre, Rosebank Mall, Melrose Arch and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Getting around is no problem as there are all transport facilities near. From the OR Tambo international it will take you close to 28 minutes drive before arrival and Lanseria Airport it will take you 39 minutes. The Gautrain from Sandton will take about 4min and from Johannesburg park station 21 minutes.
The Atholplace Hotel Restaurant and Villa was ranked #2 best hotels in over 64 hotels in Sandton on TripAdvisor, not only for their service but also for their humaneness. One does need to see a place where you will be able to feel welcome and not a place where you are treated as a customer. The elegant service and place where you feel as though you are home instead of a hotel.
Breakfast is served from 07:00 – 10:00am, lunch from 12:00 – 14:30pm, dinner will be served from 18:30 – 22:00pm. Breakfast is a buffet style, you serve yourself whilst waiting for your actual order. With it being a nice place for one to just relax and enjoy themselves after desperately looking for a holiday to be treated like a king or queen.
Located just next door, the beautiful villa is a family home to four or more people with four bedroom and private bathrooms. Private heated swimming pool and just awesome for a family that just want to have some quiet time to themselves. Self-cater or be dined in the restaurant, call for room service, families or individuals here can always reach for customer service.
My first thought was, are they serious? This is just impossible. How can a person eat so much? But after having they special all-go Valentine theme. I was reassured that I would literally not die from over feeding.
The food was just beyond it, it had flavour, taste and a lot of freshness in it. The chef came out personally after the wonderful feast, going from table to table and giving out the thoughtful dessert preparation. Dessert for two, a dessert for remembering.
Having won the Best restaurant award coming first to the Cape Town restaurant in 2015.
The restaurant still lives to its best excellence.
- Amusa, pea panna cotta – basil cake. A very subtle taste coming from all the different flavours. More of the basil though. A very light starter, just enough to keep the night flowing. The pea panna cotta was just too light and not heavy. A little more of just green pea and basil mashed together and poured in one of those small shot glasses.
- Tempura of baby carrot, saffron risotto – trout roe. With small crab, onion, rice spring onion, parsley was just beautifully enfused together. The taste from all the different spices and textures really make one want to feast non-stop.
- Sous-vide baby carrot, almond and carrot soil – paprika foam, cucumber and pickled cucumber. Was a lighter yet, also delicious meal. Very good for those watching they body weight but still wanting to indulge in the much mouth-watering feast.
- Duck breast prosciutto, compressed apple – black pepper short-bread – labneh, goat cheese, peas and some eetsum more. A perfect combination of the very salted duck breasts and with the calmness coming from the compressed apple. I believe the bread and duck went very well together and complemented each other, whilst not expanding each other.
- Braised beef cheek, sweet potatoes, parmesan, burnt onion, baby corn, asparagus, and shredded beef. Well I should say I prefer my meat visible and big, rather then shredded. But I should say the beef was beyond tasteful and just amazing. Still never disappointed in the flavour.
Finally the best part of the night came with pure sugar and a different mood! The dessert.
Edible art, candy floss, rum jelly, gold, white custard, chocolate macoron dusted with strawberry flakes, dark chocolate mouse, marshmallow, blueberry sponge. Now this is just what one needs before a good night sleep.